My name is Jason Smith and I am the Chief School Business Official and CTO for Coal City Schools. In my role as business manager, I am responsible for overseeing all the financial operations of the district as well as construction projects for the district. I strive to use my problem solving and communication skills to increase efficiency of the organization. In the realm of technology, my goal is to provide a stable and transparent environment for staff and students to use that will enhance their experience and support teaching & learning.
I also present two Administrator Academies for the Illinois Association of School Administrators and the Illinois Principals Association: AAC #1144 - Becoming an iAdministrator and AAC #1447 - Program Evaluation of 1:1 Learning Environments.
I am very proficient with the following technology areas:
- Mac OSX Operating System (including server) and various Applications for Mac OSX
- Microsoft Office (Mac and Windows)
- Google Documents & Web 2.0 Tools such as: blog, wiki, podcasting, video
- iPad and Android Tablets & Apps that support the educational arena
- Network Troubleshooting and Management
- Strategies to integrate technology into instruction and assessment and evaluation
I am married and a father of four (15, 13, 11, 6). My family lives in Coal City Illinois.